ring ...ring... "Protocol, this is Beth"

You can get a hold of me by calling (240) 553-0581. Wait for switchboard & then dial 567-3981. This is my apartment. My phone is not next to my bed, so please remember I am 7 hrs ahead of you, if you call in the middle of the night, I'm going to have to get out of my bed and walk across the room to talk : /

You can call my cell phone from your cell phone by dialing 011-964-0770-443-4468 and I'm sure astronomical long distance charges occur, so please don't spend you money this way--keep sending postcards!!

After a brief hiatus, I started my afternoon runs again. How you wonder with all my Extravaganza planning?! It's been cancelled.

Yes, I too was shocked considering the extensive amount of blood, sweat and tears I've poured into planning (Ok, no blood--but for hyperbole sake imagine if) not to mention the former Chief of Protocol came TDY from Main State to aide in the execution of this celebration.

The hardest part of this is not disappointment, if the Ambassador makes a call I am on board with it, he's been in this business for more than a minute, the hardest part is going from 115mph to a cruise speed of 55mph. It's weird. Whoever was praying I would get some rest, the prayer has been answered! I might get a day off here friends! Now, I'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch, but my 86 day bender may have come to an end. Insha'allah.